top of page
Vickery Place is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Dallas, filled with Prairie, Craftsman and Tudor bungalows, and old growth Pecan trees. The original Vickery Place subdivision was created out of the survey of three farms in August, 1911. Initially, 500 lots were platted, and Vickery Place was bounded on the west by the H&TC Railroad (the future site of the North Central Expressway (US 75)), on the North by Goodwin Ave, on the East by the Richardson Pike Ross Ave Extension (the future site of Greenville Avenue), and on the south by Bonita and Melrose Avenues. In later years, Vickery Place would be extended and redefined by its current boundaries.
The Dallas City Council unanimously approved the Vickery Place Conservation District on June 28, 2006.
bottom of page